We had our appt on CD18. We went thru our nursing class and we learned how to mix the meds and use the needles and insert them. All the how's of self injection. I am nervous to self inject but I know this is what I want more than life so I am hoping I can do it come Monday. Mike has switched to first shift so the morning shots are mine to do. The night ones he can adminster unless I become a pro at it then I'll do it myself :)
We are doing a medicated cycle PLUS some of my test results came back and came back high at a 49 in the blood for one of the clotting tests. This means I have some blood clotting disorder which I have to see a hemotologist for. I made that appt today so I go for my appt on 7/15 at Holy Redeemer.I looked it up on the internet and it made my head spin once again so I am just waiting until I go in to see the specialist.
Our medicated cycle is:
Start Lupron on Monday. One injection in the morning and One injection at night.
Call the RE office when my cycle starts (7-10 days after the start of the Lupron med).
First day of cycle Lupron goes to one injection daily and Menopur injections start (2 vials of 75 iu).
This lasts until my trigger shot for ovualtion.
In the meantime I will go in for blood and ultrasounds every 2-3 days and have to decided wether we will try the old fashion way once the trigger for ovualtion is given or I will bring in a sample for wash and insemination. This gives us an additional 25% chance of fertilization. The sperm is placed right near the egg and no need for swimming and loss of sperm in the cervix.
Once the shot for trigger we get the sperm where it needs to be hopefully and we wait.
2 weeks to wait and then we test.
The menopur helps you make lots of eggs and gets them to be maturer for fertilization. It better make them really big and really mature and lots opf them at $1,305 a cycle. Yes, thats for 10 doses and only the one medication, all which is NOT covered under insurance. To me it will all be worth the price just to bring a little one home. I'm planning on doing whatever it takes to be a mommy. Maybe sell a kidney? Oh wait, mine aren't very good... I'm joking (about the selling of course).. I need to keeep laughing, it helps to reduce the stress :)
Friday, June 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good luck Trish! The shots aren't so bad. Did you do them on yourself at the class? If not, it is safe to inject the sodium chloride that comes with the Menopur. If you are taking 2 vials, you'll have lots of extra diluent and probably extra needles depending on where you get them from. I did those for a couple days before the actual shots to get used to it. IDK if your dr said anything about NOT doing this, but I always iced the area for about 5 minutes first. It helped with the pain a lot. GOOD LUCK! If you need anything, I'll be around on the boards, my blog, or you can e-mail me at MrsNealsWheels@gmail.com anytime.
ReplyDelete