So today was our first day of shots. I was really nervous and didn't sleep much last night due to overstressing. I had decided to wake at 4am before Michael left for work and try the shot. My fear was that I wouldn't be able to do it and he would be at work and then what would I do. I don't know anyone that could give it to me.
So I tried twice. I made 2 small holes but couldn't get myself to push the needle all the way in. I sat at the dining room table with needle in one hand and my belly skin pinched in the other and just stared, trying to do it. Michael came down and said "you ok? .... let me do it for you"
Michael ended up doing it for me and I hadn't even realized he had done it. I went back to bed for about and hour or so and then went to work.
Tonight I told him I wanted to try it again. So I filled the syringe with the med and Michael was sitting there saying you can do it. Instead of sitting like this morning I stood up and he said "look into my eyes, you can do this" and with that.... I pushed the needle right in and injected the med.
I was soo excited I was able to do it for myself. I know I have Michael here and he is such a great man that he will do anything for me but I wanted to be able to overcome this. I know I have the power to do whatever it takes to get that little one (or multiples with these meds...lol).
The strength is in my heart, I just had to pull it out :)
Monday, June 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That's right, I knew you could do it!!!! So proud of you!! Do you just have to call when AF gets here? Oh, I can't wait!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kristin. I did call and was seen on Monday. Tonight was my first shot of menopur, that hurt but I still did it by myself :) I hope this works. Keeping my fingers crossed.
ReplyDelete