Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Injectables this cycle

I will say the Lupron shots are not bad, the Menoupr on the other hand hurts like heck. I wonder if I keep it out of the fridge longer before I do the shot if it will lessen the discomfort.
I'm going to try that tomorrow night.

So far this is our plan:
CD 1 started on July 4th. We continued with the 2 shots of Lupron until....
CD 4 our b/w came back perfect (64 E, .5 P and FSH at 5.2) so we started our Menopur at night.
CD 5 will be 5 units of Lupron in the am and 150 iu of Menopur at night
CD 6 will be 5 units of Lupron in the am and 150 iu of Menopur at night.
CD 7 will be 5 units of Lupron in the am , blood and ultrasound at 7am and then the nurse will call with amount of Menopur to take at night and when I will come back for repeat b/w and u/s. I was told every 2-3 days so I am figuring that I will have to come back probably Tuesday of next week.
I think the remainder of our cycle will fall like this:
CD 8-13 (?- maybe 11 or 12) will continue with this routine until the "trigger" shot of Ovidrel.

Then we will decide to do the iui (better probability of conception) or do it the old fashion way and wait to see if it works.

Thats when the waiting game begins. If all goes well, the testing day will be August 2nd. We got pregnant the first time last July with an August + testing so maybe it's a good sign. I can only hope :)

2 comments:

  1. Do you ice the spot before injecting the Menopur? I had Bravelle (same basic thing) and it stung too if I didn't ice it. You don't have to keep Menopur in the fridge either as long as its still in powder form. Just keep it out of the sun and check the temps on the package.

    As far as the IUI, I recommend it just because you have invested so much into this cycle and if it will help your chances, why not go all the way? Just my thoughts though.

    I so hope this is THE ONE for you!! My first IUI/inj cycle worked too :) Praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristin. We had our first folliw check and there were 3 after 3 days of menopur. DH and I talked and I am almost 100% sure we are going to do the iui.

    I am really excited and hope it works the first time :)

    ReplyDelete